As a leading American purveyor of decorative fabrics, wallcoverings, trims, furnishings and accessories, Scalamandre’s mission is to produce the most exquisite designs with a seamless integration of styles and periods while inspiring designers and enriching their vision. Scalamandre’s ability to fluently blend a uniform balance of art and craftsmanship has been the company’s hallmark and it's clear sense of integrity and correctness remains a testament to its rich heritage of uncompromising quality and excellence.
A natural filament fiber produced by the silkworm in the construction of its cocoon. Most silk is collected from cultivated worms; Tussah silk, or wild silk, is a thicker, shorter fiber produced by worms in their natural habitat. All silk comes from Asia, primarily China.
A fabric made from linen fibers obtained from inside the woody stem of the flax plant. Linen fibers are much stronger and more lustrous than cotton. Linen fabrics are very cool and absorbent, but wrinkle very easily, unless blended with manufactured fibers. Linen is one of the oldest textile fibers.
Brocade was originally an elegant, heavy silk fabric with a floral or figured pattern woven with gold or silver thread, produced in China and Japan. Currently, any of the major textile fibers may be used in a wide range of quality and price. Brocades are typically ornate, jacquard-woven fabrics. The pattern is usually emphasized by contrasting surfaces and colors, and appears on the face of the fabric, which is distinguished easily from the back. Uses include apparel, draperies, upholstery, and other decorative purposes.
Intricate method of weaving invented by Joseph Marie Jacquard in the years 1801-1804, in which a headmotion at the of the loom holds and operates a set of punched paper cards, according to the motif desired. Each punched perforation controls the action of one warp end for the passage of one pick. In modern looms, the punched cards have been replaced by diskettes, or the commands are directly downloaded from a network computer. Jacquard looms allow for large, intricate designs like a floral or large geometric. Damasks, brocades, brocatelles, and tapestries are examples of woven jacquards
DECORUM SAVANNAH is your local source for:
* Fabric Store Savannah GA * Upholstery Fabric Savannah GA
* Designer Fabric Savannah GA * Carole Fabric Savannah GA
* Outdoor Fabric Savannah GA * Robert Allen Fabric Savannah GA
* Upholstery Fabric Store Savannah GA * Duralee Fabric Savannah GA
* Thibaut Fabric Savannah GA * Hooker Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Designer Savannah GA * Theodore Alexander Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Design Savannah GA * Lexington Home Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Decorator Savannah GA * Universal Furniture Savannah GA
* Professional Interior Design Savannah GA * Huntington House Furniture Savannah GA
* Professional ASID Interior Designer Savannah *Uttermost Mirrors Lamps Savannah GA
* Tricia Stacy, ASID Savannah GA * Custom Furniture Savannah GA