Duralee continually creates palettes and styles with comfort and authenticity, injecting a heavy dose of what’s now and what’s timely, all the while maintaining a balance with timeless versatility. Sophisticated, yet youthful and fun, the Duralee design aesthetic upholds an ageless appeal. The Design Studio of Duralee is in constant motion, creating ever-evolving product tailored to meet the changing needs of today’s design community. Duralee has spent over 60 years cultivating this finesse, and is known for tapping and developing hot new design talent. Featured below are some of their latest fabric collections.
A natural filament fiber produced by the silkworm in the construction of its cocoon. Most silk is collected from cultivated worms; Tussah silk, or wild silk, is a thicker, shorter fiber produced by worms in their natural habitat. All silk comes from Asia, primarily China.
A fabric made from linen fibers obtained from inside the woody stem of the flax plant. Linen fibers are much stronger and more lustrous than cotton. Linen fabrics are very cool and absorbent, but wrinkle very easily, unless blended with manufactured fibers. Linen is one of the oldest textile fibers.
Brocade was originally an elegant, heavy silk fabric with a floral or figured pattern woven with gold or silver thread, produced in China and Japan. Currently, any of the major textile fibers may be used in a wide range of quality and price. Brocades are typically ornate, jacquard-woven fabrics. The pattern is usually emphasized by contrasting surfaces and colors, and appears on the face of the fabric, which is distinguished easily from the back. Uses include apparel, draperies, upholstery, and other decorative purposes.
Intricate method of weaving invented by Joseph Marie Jacquard in the years 1801-1804, in which a headmotion at the of the loom holds and operates a set of punched paper cards, according to the motif desired. Each punched perforation controls the action of one warp end for the passage of one pick. In modern looms, the punched cards have been replaced by diskettes, or the commands are directly downloaded from a network computer. Jacquard looms allow for large, intricate designs like a floral or large geometric. Damasks, brocades, brocatelles, and tapestries are examples of woven jacquards
DECORUM SAVANNAH is your local source for:
* Fabric Store Savannah GA * Upholstery Fabric Savannah GA
* Designer Fabric Savannah GA * Carole Fabric Savannah GA
* Outdoor Fabric Savannah GA * Robert Allen Fabric Savannah GA
* Upholstery Fabric Store Savannah GA * Duralee Fabric Savannah GA
* Thibaut Fabric Savannah GA * Hooker Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Designer Savannah GA * Theodore Alexander Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Design Savannah GA * Lexington Home Furniture Savannah GA
* Interior Decorator Savannah GA * Universal Furniture Savannah GA
* Professional Interior Design Savannah GA * Huntington House Furniture Savannah GA
* Professional ASID Interior Designer Savannah *Uttermost Mirrors Lamps Savannah GA
* Tricia Stacy, ASID Savannah GA * Custom Furniture Savannah GA